Follow Me on Pinterest

If Nickelodeon was our judicial system....

Despite the fact that his public persona is now blacker than the bruises he left Rhianna, The network that brings the intellectual clarity of Dora the Explorer, not surprisingly, still wanted to prop Brown up as a role model for its young viewers by refusing to remove him from consideration for a Kids Choice Award.

The rationale being that he was nominated before the incident and…

"Like all our KCA nominees, Chris Brown was nominated by kids several months ago based on his body of work as a performer, and the kids who vote will ultimately decide who wins in the category," Dan Martinsen, Nickelodeon spokesman, said.

To be fair, since this controversy hit Brown has removed himself from consideration….only after said controversy was generated. Before he was “caught” so to speak he was imploring his fans to vote for him on Facebook.

I know the Kids Choice Awards is by and for Nick’s main demographic, but the network could show a little bit of discretion and responsibility. Children don’t actually run the network….

I mean, it’s not like they’re the Democratic National Committee.

OH COME ON THAT'S NOT TRUE AND YOU CAN'T PROVE IT!

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!

HEY I HAVE BOTH OF THEIR T-SHIRTS!

UMMM…

{source}<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m1m_k2dCj0M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m1m_k2dCj0M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>{/source}

OK OK I GOT IT!

I don’t know, perhaps Nick is just trying not to disenfranchise its abused children demographic, and they definitely don’t want to give them any ideas by giving them the impression that abusers should be punished for their actions.

The only silver lining I can find is that Nickelodeon was only trying to find a way to uphold American values….by allowing Brown to be judged by a jury of his peers.