The good news for President Obama is his popular support among blacks is holding steady at 91%.
The bad news is no other group of potential voters likes him that much.
In fact, 29 days before his first midterm elections, the Democrat's approval ratings remain mired below 50%.
A new Gallup Poll this morning finds his approval rating for September was 45%, almost the same as August's 44%. Obama's not exceeded the crucial 50% level in a single month so far this year.
Read the rest at the Los Angeles Times here
The same poll says only 36% of whites still haven't given in to their latent racist streak and still "approve" of Obama's performance in the Oval Office.
More than anything this poll clearly highlights the patience the black community has displayed watching Obama bend over backwards trying to please you white people...I mean, look at this picture...
The dude is BATHED IN WHITE FOR YOU RACIST CRACKA INGRATES. And the freakin' thanks he gets is only 36% of you approve of the job his black skin is doing?!?
Don't give me any of this rah rah Martin Luther King NONSENSE about how it's the content and character of his socialist policies you don't like, and that race has nothing to do with you wanting strong national defense, or lower taxes, or national health care taken back, or secure borders and a sane immigration policy.
Don't tell me how much you like Oprah, or Kobe, or Colin Powell, and don't you dare start singing Michael Jackson songs like you miss him.
Its too late white people, sorry, even if you say you'll vote for him in 2012 we all know its only because you rejoined the guilt felt by the other 36% out there who kept their racist tendencies to themselves.
Its absolutely unconscionable that the black community has to keep Obama's approval rating hovering in the 40's all on their own, and the 9% who disapprove of him should be ashamed of themselves.Add a comment
I didn't say it, I just wish I did...
Man! Talk about eye opening! First of all, I didn't know Walter Mondale hated black people.
Second, I always thought this was Obama's idiot board...
You have to give him some credit...when you write it out like that you don't have the luxury of spell check...so good for him!
Man, that would be a HUGE bummer if he couldn't run because he wasn't an actual resident of Chicago...right Barack?
Was it something I said?
Just me?Add a comment
So last weekend the big "progressive" response to Restoring Honor took place. "One Nation Working Together" boasts the support of more than 400 liberal groups representing whopping TENS OF THOUSANDS of people.
They got the bright idea to "respond" to Glenn Beck's restoring honor rally so they could show the country that President Obama's perceived mandate for his socialist agenda carries less weight than a heated debate between Biden and a cardboard cutout of himself over who is "more smarter."
So how did it all work anyway?
Well, first you identify the organizations that support liberal causes and recognize their separate nature and differing interests....
...and then you have to have an event that somehow brings all these groups together...
...for the common goal of going to Washington DC and REALLY making your presence known!
Ok, so lets recap....that was "one nation". ↑
This is "one nation under God". ↓ (pictures from Restoring Honor...of course)
one nation under God...
Any questions?Add a comment
Earlier this week the Boston Globe posted an article about Michael Dukakis giving advice for the midterm elections to the Obama Administration.
Sounding like the perfect premise for an NBC sitcom iOwnTheWorld did a contest where you fill in the blank....
Taking advice from Michael Dukakis on elections is like taking advice from _____ about ______
And I flippin' missed the deadline for it! So I'm just going to have to post what I've would've come up with here.
Taking advice from Michael Dukakis on elections is like.......
taking advice from cats about barking
taking advice from highlighters about crossing things out
taking advice from Muslims about never needing Valium
taking advice from Tiger Woods about the importance having a clean club
taking advice from Democrats about democracy
taking advice from Harry Reid about the effects of testosterone
taking advice from Socialism about prosperity
taking advice from Biden's brain about existing
taking advice from "reform" bills about preserving trees
taking advice from Barney Frank about undamaged sphincters
taking advice from Hillary Clinton about laughter bringing joy
taking advice from Keith Olbermann about how to get viewers
taking advice from Rachel Maddow about ponytails
taking advice from Helen Keller about Helen Thomas's beauty
taking advice from Michael Dukakis about elections
Check out the hundreds of responses at iOwnTheWorld in the post's comments section here
You can see the original article about Dukakis hereAdd a comment
So Rahm is out...but what did he say on the way out? (WARNING: if you don't like "simulated" profanity then this post is not for you...and you should start demanding presidents pick chiefs of staff who don't develop their vocabularies by licking toilets)
Seriously though, this is mocking a guy who Obama once describes as "every day is a swearing in ceremony" so this post is rated R for Rahm's Mouth
10. Man, f**k this f**king corrupt ass administration, you guys are, like, f**king dirtier than my f**king mouth spouting the virtues of f**king capitalism.
9. You've gotta f**king stop Glenn Beck, that fundie retard thinks he can "restore honor" I've got more f**king honor in the urine I just left on the f**king Constitution
8. You better f**king repeal "don't ask don't tell." It's so f**king pointless, I mean, I didn't need when I did f**king ballet!
7. I use too much profane language? Compared to what? F**king ObamaCare?
6. Before I started working for this president I didn't think anyone could suck more than a f**king White House intern.
5. You know what I really want more than being mayor? I just want to f**king dance man
4. What the f**k is up with the new DNC logo? What's the D stand for "f**king DUMBASS?" It looks like one of those f**king alphabet magnets I use to hang my f**king kids art on the f**king fridge
3. I was the one who said ObamaCare was a "big f**king deal" and then Biden had to go and steal it from me on national TV that plagiarist sonova b**ch!.
2. Where do the dark rings under my eyes f**king come from? I'm a liberal f**king Democrat in the f**king Obama adminsitration...do you really think I can f**king sleep at night?
1. You guys are so f**king STUPID. Seriously Barack, I'm no spelling whiz but I'm pretty sure you put the "" in f**king "RETARDED"Add a comment