Follow Me on Pinterest

So Liberals Are Getting 'Hippie Punched' eh?

I feel like I got broadsided with this new Hippie Punch-Gate thing going on in the liberal inner sphanctum (that's no a typo...think about it). Apparently David Axelrod got some frisky from a liberal blogger who is tired of Obama forcing them to do the electoral walk of shame(?)

That tension burst out into the open when [Crooks and Liars blogger Susan] Madrak directly asked Axelrod: "Have you ever heard of hippie punching?" That prompted a long silence from Axelrod.

"You want us to help you, the first thing I would suggest is enough of the hippie punching," Madrak added. "We're the girl you'll take under the bleachers but you won't be seen with in the light of day."

New York Magazine

This caused a lot of confusion. Especially since I thought hippies wouldn't be able to even use computers unless they figured out how to convert them into bongs.

So after a day or some of stirring the pot (pun intended) Madrak finally answered the question of what a hippie punch is.

Basically, after Axelrod told us how wonderful we were and how much they needed us to close the enthusiasm gap in this election, I called him on it. Like, yo Dave, here we are, liberal activists who give money and GOTV, and the White House needs to punch us in public so no one thinks they take us seriously?

She could've saved us all some trouble if she had put it in way that actually made sense, like dippie punch.

She also could've said donkey punch. This was her chance to do for women what Richard Pryor did for the "n-word."

I may start using it anyway...you know...for the good of liberal women everywhere of course.

;-P